Thursday, July 1, 2010

for loops

Quick blog post to re-cap what I've done today:

Worked on using for loops to use the data structure ive created over the past couple of days to be able to change pixel size, smoothing length, nscale, etc. for the same field N-times. As of now, with help from Gail, I have 2 for loops that do this but only for different pixel sizes. I've tried a couple of ways of adding another for loop, but it takes up so much memory on the server that I know there's a better way out there. The books/online help articles say that for loops are really slow and that there are better ways of doing this....so I'm toying with that idea, but at the same time, none of the examples I've seen so far are really using the for loops in the same context that I am. I'm hoping that my quick registration break at Nova will give me some time to think about it and when I come back I'll be able to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment