Thursday, June 24, 2010

update from yesterday - everything is functional!

Gotta love the wordplay. Fixed my fraction of light function. Now, you can input any absolute magnitude, and it will return a percentage of light visible in that range. Also created functions for my distance calculations, so you can input RA, DEC, and distance from MW, and you will get the distance from M31. Did the same for my error calculation.

Also went to a lecture on Neanderthals and genetic differences between them and modern humans. Neat stuff.


Things I'm going to work on today:

- checking random known distances to ensure I correctly coded my functions
- add header to all of my procedures and functions that will be shared
- work on updating our stellar population from Dotter (aiming to be done by the end of the week)
- Hess diagrams sometime in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment