Thursday, June 17, 2010

Started getting into my latex document. Not quite sure what to put in it, but I made a section and talked about my luminosity checking function and included the equation. Just tinkering around with it, but it's been fun so far.

Ran distance calculation in idl with the correct parameter values! It's looking great! Two errors (And IX and And XX) look kind of high, so that's something to work on. All of the errors look reasonable, so I don't think it's an error with the uncertainty equation.... (note: go over that error equation with Beth and see if it is correct)

Also did a mini calculation for Beth. She wanted our parameter values converted into galactic coordinates and then was a pretty simple task and I was excited that I understood how to do it without any significant problems....then I realized that I messed up my SORT command and just sorted the b column. Oops! But with Gail's help I got it in the end.

At a point where I'm not sure how I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon...there's always trying to find those last 7 CSB data points. I'm slightly worried about finding those. Not sure where they're hiding, but after extensive searching I still don't have them....

^^update. Found a value for Leo T (actually had it the entire time, but forgot to enter it). Pretty sure there aren't values for Pisces II and Segue III....but the Andromeda ones should have CSB values. Especially cause there was a KECK

No comments:

Post a Comment