Wednesday, August 3, 2011

very productive day!

I feel like I accomplished so much today (finally!)

I started out the morning working on my error calculation for my equivalent widths. After writing out a long code, I realized that I didn't need to do this by hand and that I could just use TSUM with my flux error array and go from there. After that it wasn't too difficult, and my values look pretty reasonable.

I moved on to recreate a plot that Dylan has for his sample. It's a plot of activity vs. separation as seen in log-log space, with activity being measured through Lbol/LHa. In order to do this, I needed to calculate Lbol/LHa, and go back and fix my pesky separation calculation.

Also team West dinner at Andrew's tonight. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment