Monday, May 31, 2010

pretty IDL plots

Things I did today:

- Formatted RA/DEC columns
- Fixed comparison tables between actual and real values of luminosity (most of them look pretty accurate!)
- Made pretty IDL plots. With Maya's help, I successfully created a plot and changed the color of the points, axes, as well as changing shapes of the actual points itself. I know it's not much, but it feels really good to actually have done it without error messages flooding my screen.

I think I'm going to try making another plot and messing around with colors and stuff before I leave.

Things to do (for tomorrow and beyond):
- Take a closer look at those luminosity values
- Check Wolf, et al references more clearly and go through his refs to check values that came from sources he didn't cite
- Move onto making even prettier data plots!

No comments:

Post a Comment